“The headteacher, governors and senior leaders are ambitious for all pupils. They have addressed rigorously all of the areas for improvement from the previous inspection, and now teaching, pupils’ achievement and leadership and management, are all good.”
“The governing body is adept at holding school leaders to account. Governors receive, and understand, detailed information and data about the school’s work.”
(Ofsted : April 2015)
- The Governors work closely with the Headteacher and staff in order to ensure that the school’s objectives can be met.
- The Governing Body consists of the Headteacher, parents, members nominated by the Local Authority, Community Governors and representatives of the teaching and support staff of the school.
- Meetings of the full Governing Body are usually held every half term and sub-committees also meet regularly.
- Parent Governors are appointed as a result of nominations and elections in which all parents are eligible to stand and vote. One of their particular responsibilities is to provide a viewpoint from that of ‘parent’ to the Governing Body.
- If Parents wish to contact a Governor they may write, in confidence, addressed c/o the school.
|Name||Type of Governor||Date of Appointment||Term of Office|
|Mrs Victoria Green||Co-opted Governor (Chair)||07.12.2018||4 years|
|Mrs Harpaven Kaur Ghuman||LA Governor||26.09.12||Stepped down May 2016|
|Mr Neil Gemmell||Co-opted Governor||17.05.2015||Stepped down Feb 2018|
|Dr Ann Harris||Co-opted Governor||26.02.2018||4 years|
|Mrs Maxine Morris||Co-opted Governor (Vice Chair)||02.09.2013||Stepped down in 2016|
|Mr John Papworth||Co-opted Governor||07.12.2018||4 years|
|Mr Michael Pitchford||Co-opted Governor||10.06.2015||Stepped down Sep 2017|
|Mr Graham Smith||Co-opted Governor||10.02.2014||Stepped down Sep 2017|
|Mrs Janine Adams||Parent Governor||30.11.2015||Stepped down Aug 2016|
|Mrs Viv Barraclough||Parent Governor||05.11.2016||4 years|
|Mrs Donna Sheldon-Wright||Parent Governor||20.10.2016||4 years|
|Mrs Ruth Coneron||Parent Governor||13.02.2016||Stepped down in 2016|
|Mr Gary Johnson||Headteacher||Continuous||Continuous|
|Miss Emma Charlesworth||Staff Governor||04.10.2018||4 years|
|Mrs Lynn Robinson||Bursar-Associate Member||05.07.2012||Stepped down Oct 2017|
|Mr David Greenhalgh||Parent Governor||07.09.2017||4 years|
|Polly Harrow-Wright||Co-opted Governor||12.04.18||4 years|
|Annelise Fothergill||Co-opted Governor||08.05.18||4 years|
There is 1 Trustee Appointed Governor Vacancy
The Chair of Governors can be contacted, in writing, via the school office. The Chair of Governors will send an acknowledgement of receipt within 48 hours.
Business Interest Returns
|Name||Nature of Business||Nature of Interest||Date of Appointment or Aqusition||Date of Cessation of Interest||Date of Entry|
|Mrs Victoria Green||Nil Return|
|Mr Neil Gemmell||Awaiting Return|
|Dr Ann Harris||Journal of Vocational Education and Training||Director||1998||Ongoing||20.11.2017|
|Mr John Papworth||Nil Return|
|Mrs Viv Barraclough||Nil Return|
|Mrs Donna Sheldon-Wright||Nil Return|
|Mr Gary Johnson||Nil Return|
|Miss Emma Charlesworth||Nil Return|
|Mr David Greenhalgh||Nil Return|
|Polly Harrow-Wright||Nil Return|
|Anneliese Fothergill||Commissioning Lead, Wakefield City Council||01.12.2017||Ongoing||08.07.2018|