Our aim at KMS is to provide high quality teaching, learning and pastoral care within a welcoming, vibrant and safe environment where all children are given a wide range of opportunities to achieve their full potential. We want our children to become confident, independent and successful individuals who have all the skills necessary to equip them for the future.
We aim for each and every child to:-
- achieve their full potential both academically and socially
- acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes relevant to the changing world in which they live
- respect and value themselves, other people and the environment
- develop enquiring minds with motivation to learn
- work independently and collaboratively
- take responsibility for their own actions and make informed choices
- have well developed communication and social skills
- develop self-confidence and high self-esteem
- recognise themselves as citizens of the wider world who have a ‘voice’ and can make a difference
- challenge themselves to always be the best they can be
………. in order to prepare them for adult life and life-long learning.
To achieve these aims for our children we are committed to provide the following:-
- support, guidance and training for all those who teach and work with our children
- foster and maintain links with our village and the wider community
- recognise and celebrate achievements in all areas of school life
- work enthusiastically together to achieve our vision and aims of producing an outstanding educational experience for our children.
- a welcoming, stimulating and safe learning environment which is at the heart of the community
- high expectations of our children and ourselves
- a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum
- high quality teaching using a variety of teaching strategies
- a range of resources that are effectively used to support learning
- equal access to all aspects of the curriculum and school life