(Teaching and Learning)
Salary Scale: Leadership Points L7 – L11
Number on Roll – 507
Required for September 2019
We are a vibrant, ambitious, inclusive school that is passionate about the continuous development of the `whole child’ within a Middle School setting. The school is located in semi-rural Huddersfield and is part of the very successful and popular Shelley Pyramid.
The Governors are seeking to appoint an exemplary practitioner with a proven record of consistently outstanding teaching to work as part of the Senior Leadership Team in further developing the quality of teaching through effective continuous professional development and appraisal.
Our pupils would like an Assistant Headteacher who:
- Is firm but fair and has a good sense of humour
- Is genuinely interested in what they have to say
- Puts pupils at the heart of learning and teaching
- Enjoys supporting them to become the best that they can be
The Governors are looking for someone who:
- Has outstanding leadership skills and has a proven ability to motivate and inspire others
- Is an effective communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Has an in depth knowledge of the National Curriculum and the most effective teaching and learning practices
- Uses innovative and creative thinking to make a real difference to the lives of children
- Has energy, drive and a commitment in developing the positive team ethos of the school and in imparting a shared vision to pupils, parents and staff
In return, we can offer:
- The chance to work with a highly dedicated team of Staff and Governors within a supportive multi-academy Trust
- Children who are motivated, happy and confident
- A realistic teaching commitment (approximately 12/25 periods) and the necessary support and dedicated PPA time to enable you to fulfil your role and achieve your goals
- An excellent opportunity for someone who wants to make a real difference in an exciting environment
- A school which is forward thinking, dedicated to the lives of children and continuously seeks to be the best it can possibly be.
If you believe this is the job for you we would very much like to hear from you. Application forms and further details are available below.
Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant
Grade 3 £2387 (plus market rate supplement)
6 hours 15 minutes per week in term time (12.00 – 1.15 daily)
Kirkburton Middle School, Turnshaws Avenue, Kirkburton, Huddersfield HD8 0TJ
We are seeking to appoint an effective Lunchtime Supervisor who will be required to assist with the supervision of the pupils remaining on the school premises at lunchtime.
The ability to relate to children/young people from diverse backgrounds is essential for this job, as well as having good verbal communication skills in order to liaise with children/young people and other staff members.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
Job details can also be viewed on http://jobs.kirklees.gov.uk
Application forms should be returned to Mrs Cane, School Business Manager, School Office.