Online payments to school with ParentPay!
In an attempt to remove all cash and cheques from school we are asking all parents to only use our e-payment method to pay for dinner money, trips, etc. This can be done online using a very secure website called ParentPay or in cash at local stores where you see the PayPoint logo.
Making secure payments online using your credit or debit card:
ParentPay offers you the freedom to make payments whenever and wherever you like, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – safe in the knowledge that the technology used is of the highest internet security available. You will have a secure online account, activated using a unique username and password; you will be prompted to change these, and to keep them safe and secure. If you have more than one child at our school or children at other ParentPay schools, you can create a single account login for all your children.
Making a payment is straightforward and ParentPay holds a payment history for you to view at a later date; no card details are stored in any part of the system. Once you’ve activated your account you can make online payments straight away.
Using PayPoint :
PayPoint payments are recorded by ParentPay and can be seen by logging into your ParentPay account and viewing your payment history online. The nearest PayPoint stores to school are Kirkburton Co-op, Skelmanthorpe Co-op, Highgate Lane Lepton Co-op, Fenay Bridge Stores and the Co-op Petrol Station at Fenay Bridge. Please notify the Finance Office if you wish to use the PayPoint facility. A plastic card will be issued to you to make cash payments for school meals at local PayPoint stores. The first card is free of charge; however, any lost or damaged cards will be charged at £5 each. Payment cards take about two weeks to arrive but we can issue a barcode letter as an interim measure.
We hope you will support us in achieving our goal to become a cashless school and reduce the workload on our staff. Your support in using ParentPay will help the school enormously, thank you. You will receive your unique ParentPay Account activation details as soon as these are available. For further information on ParentPay please see the Introduction booklet enclosed or visit www.parentpay.com.
What does ParentPay do?
- enables you to pay for school meals and trips and other items such as after school clubs
- offers a highly secure payment site
- gives you a history of all the payments you have made
- allows to create a single account login across all your children that attend a ParentPay school
- Shows you all items available for payment relevant to each of your children
- emails a receipt of your payment to the email address you register
- offers you the ability to set automated email/SMS payment reminders
How does ParentPay help you?
- gives you the freedom to make payments to school whenever and wherever you like
- stops you having to write cheques or search for cash to send to school
- gives you peace of mind that your payment has been made safely and securely
- helps with budgeting; payments are immediate, there is no waiting for cheques to clear
- payments for many of the larger trips can be made by instalments up to the due date
- you never need miss a payment or have insufficient credit with automated email/SMS alerts
- ParentPay is quick and easy to use
How does ParentPay help our school?
- reduces the administrative time spent on banking procedures
- keeps accurate records of payments made to every service for every student
- payments do not bounce
- reduces paper ‘waste’
- allows for easy and quick refunds to be made back to the payment card
- improves communication between the school and parents concerning payments
- offers a more efficient payment collection process, reducing the amount of money held on school premises
- helps us improve school-home communication with its integrated email/SMS messaging centre
PARENT PAY FAQs
When can I log in to my account?
Once you have received your activation letter from school with your activation login details you’ll be able to activate your account and start making payments.
Which cards can I use?
ParentPay accepts MasterCard and Visa credit cards, and Maestro, Switch, Delta, Electron, Solo and Visa debit cards.
Is it safe to make payments on the internet?
Yes. ParentPay uses leading technology to process your card transactions securely. All communication with the bank is encrypted and neither ParentPay nor the school have access to your card details.
How can I check that it’s secure?
Standard website addresses begin with http; the address for a secure site will always begin with https. You will also see a padlock at the bottom/top right of the screen on our login page and after you have logged into your account; never enter your card details or personal data on any web page whose address does not start https.
What about our personal information?
ParentPay holds a very limited amount of information about you and your child solely for the purpose of administering your account; however ParentPay does not use your personal information other than for supporting the school. We do not share or give information to any other organisations. We operate under strict guidelines set out by the Data Protection Act 1998.
ParentPay will NEVER contact you by phone, email or mail and ask you to divulge confidential information like passwords or card numbers. If you are ever contacted by someone claiming to be from ParentPay, please contact them immediately on 02476 994820.
I don’t have a home PC so how can I use ParentPay?
Why not visit your local library, internet café or see if you can get access to a computer at work; alternatively please ask at the school office if there are facilities available for you to set up your account.
How do I get started?
An activation letter containing your activation username and password is sent from school to enable you to setup your ParentPay account. During the activation process you will be guided through changing your username and password to something more memorable; if you have more than one child at a ParentPay school/s you can also add children to a single account providing one login for all children at ParentPay schools.
Further information can be found on the ParentPay website or telephone the school office.