During Year 8 Pupils are expected to make progress against a range of Key Performance Indicators as outlined below
KS3 KPIs (Based around an idea of Historical Concepts)
1. Knowledge and understanding (Including historical vocabulary and Chronology)
2. Writing – Communicating using Analytical narrative
3. Using Evidence
4. Historical Interpretation
5. Cause and Consequence (Including Significance)
6. Change and Continuity (Including Similarity and Difference)
These KPIs are assessed throughout a range of topics
Pupils study the Industrial Revolution. They look at big changes that were both cause and consequence of the changes that took place, such as population and demographic change as well as technological developments and the growth of towns and cities.
Pupils look at WWI. They study both the long and short term causes of the conflict as well as the nature of trench warfare and the impact of new modern weaponry in warfare.
Pupils study the Suffragettes. They look at the political and cultural position of women through the 19th and early 20th centuries and the methods used by the Suffragettes to gain the vote