Our library is a focal point of the school. We stock over 4000 fiction and non-fiction books which are borrowed using the Junior Librarian system.
The library provides a stimulating and social area with weekly clubs, activities and topical competitions:
- Carnegie Shadowing Group… annual award to the writer of an outstanding children’s book
- Kids Lit. Quiz… International Literature Quiz
- World Book Day and National Poetry Day competitions
- Year 7 Quiz with Scissett Middle School… twice yearly friendly rivalry!
- Scrabble Club… twice weekly word fun for all years
The library offers a comprehensive range of resources with a reference section, weekly children’s newspaper and a variety of magazines, wordsearches and puzzles.
Monitors play a vital role in the efficient running of our library. There is no job too small for our dedicated team who impart equal knowledge and enthusiasm to all tasks from bar-coding, issuing, computer bookings to giving help and advice.
“I love being a monitor because I feel like I’m helping the school community.”
“Being a monitor is different and I enjoy the responsibility.”
The library has benefited from on-going support towards the Puffin Book Club and Nestle Boxtops4books collection. The commission has enabled us to purchase a fantastic range of new books.
All new ideas and suggestions are always welcome.