“The headteacher, governors and senior leaders are ambitious for all pupils. They have addressed rigorously all of the areas for improvement from the previous inspection, and now teaching, pupils’ achievement and leadership and management, are all good.”
“The governing body is adept at holding school leaders to account. Governors receive, and understand, detailed information and data about the school’s work.”
(Ofsted : April 2015)
- The Governors work closely with the Headteacher and staff in order to ensure that the school’s objectives can be met.
- The Governing Body consists of the Headteacher, parents, members nominated by the Local Authority, Community Governors and representatives of the teaching and support staff of the school.
- Meetings of the full Governing Body are usually held every half term and sub-committees also meet regularly.
- Parent Governors are appointed as a result of nominations and elections in which all parents are eligible to stand and vote. One of their particular responsibilities is to provide a viewpoint from that of ‘parent’ to the Governing Body.
- If Parents wish to contact a Governor they may write, in confidence, addressed c/o the school.
|Name||Type of Governor||Date of Appointment||Term of Office|
|Mrs Victoria Green||Co-opted Governor (Chair)||08.12.2014||4 years|
|Mrs Harpaven Kaur Ghuman||LA Governor||26.09.12||Stepped down May 2016|
|Mr Neil Gemmell||Co-opted Governor||17.05.2015||4 years|
|Dr Ann Harris||Co-opted Governor||24.02.2014||4 years|
|Mrs Maxine Morris||Co-opted Governor (Vice Chair)||02.09.2013||Stepped down in 2016|
|Mr John Papworth||Co-opted Governor||04.10.2014||4 years|
|Mr Michael Pitchford||Co-opted Governor||10.06.2015||4 years|
|Mr Graham Smith||Co-opted Governor||10.02.2014||4 years|
|Mrs Janine Adams||Parent Governor||30.11.2015||Stepped down Aug 2016|
|Mrs Viv Barraclough||Parent Governor||05.11.2016||4 years|
|Mrs Donna Sheldon-Wright||Parent Governor||20.10.2016||4 years|
|Mrs Ruth Coneron||Parent Governor||13.02.2016||Stepped down in 2016|
|Mr Gary Johnson||Headteacher||Continuous||Continuous|
|Miss Emma Charlesworth||Staff Governor||04.10.2014||4 years|
|Mrs Lynn Robinson||Bursar-Associate Member||05.07.2012||4 years|
If you would like to contact the Chair of Governors, please address your letter to Mrs Green and the office will forward your letter to her. Alternatively please e-mail the school office (click here) and your email will be forwarded to the Chair.