We are proud of our school and expect all pupils to wear the KMS uniform with pride. We believe our uniform:
- Creates a sense of school community, cohesion and identity
- Supports positive behaviour and good discipline
- Ensures pupils from all cultures and backgrounds feel welcome
- Protects children from social pressures to dress in a particular way
Our uniform comprises of:
Jumpers – Plain black crew neck sweatshirt (with school LOGO).
Polo shirts – White polo shirt (with school LOGO).
Trousers – Plain, black tailored trousers. Jeans-styled trousers, skinny trousers, jeans, cords, leggings or tracksuit bottoms are not allowed: nor are combat-style trousers with large outside pockets. Alternatively, pupils may wear black tailored school shorts (not casual shorts or sportswear).
Skirts – Plain black skirt (with school LOGO).
Socks/tights – Plain black or grey ankle or knee-length socks. Plain black tights.
Jewellery and fashion accessories – One small plain stud earring in each ear. Ear tapers, tunnels, plugs and hoops are forbidden. No adornments whatsoever (e.g. rings, necklaces or bracelets). Nose studs or other body piercings will not be allowed. Pupils wearing unacceptable items will be asked to remove them. Nail extensions/nail varnish should not be worn in school. Pupils wearing nail varnish or make-up will be asked to remove it.
Outer garments – The wearing of outer garments to and from school is encouraged. They should be appropriate to the season. Coats should not be denim or have obtrusive logos on them. Heads should not be covered indoors (except for religious observance).
Hair and make-up – Extreme or unnaturally coloured hairstyles are not allowed. What constitutes ‘extreme’ is at the discretion of senior staff. Should hairbands be worn, these must be discreet. Pupils may not wear make-up in school. This includes eyeliner, mascara, foundation, lip glosses or lipsticks.
Footwear – Shoes must be plain black leather or leather effect and suitable for school. Plain black laces only. Pumps, canvas shoes, trainer style shoes are not allowed even if they are black.
If in doubt, please ask school for advice before purchasing new shoes.
School Bags – Children do need a school bag to transport books and equipment but it should be of a reasonable size (suggested length 50cm). Small handbags or ‘man bags` are not appropriate.
If pupils arrive at school without the correct school uniform they may be allocated the correct items to wear for the day, including footwear.
PE, Games Clothing and Practical Work Checklist:
- Indoor PE – a school logo T-shirt in your house colour, plain black shorts / skirt/ skort and trainers.
- Outdoor PE – as indoors with a change of socks.
- OPTIONAL Tracksuit bottoms, if worn, should be plain black. All pupils may wear a plain black hoody or sweatshirt.
- Pupils are encouraged to wear a gum shield when playing hockey (available from sports retailers or your dentist). Pupils are also encouraged to wear shin pads for certain sports.
- Please ensure all items are clearly marked with your child’s name.
Pupils with hair which is of a length that may constitute a health and safety risk in practical subjects such as DT, Science and PE need a safe, sensible means of restraint
School sweatshirts, polo shirts, P.E. t-shirts, P.E. shorts, Tracksuits and Trousers/Skirts are available from:
Term Time Wear: 5 St John’s Road, Huddersfield (Tel: 01484 453534)
Natasha Schoolwear: 2 Buxton Way, Huddersfield (Tel: 01484 431260)
Bridge Schoolwear, 4-6 Scar Lane, Milnsbridge, Huddersfield (Tel: 01484 655655)
Principle Uniforms, 2 Byram Street, Huddersfield (Tel: 01484 511190)
Published in compliance with Education Law.
Please click here for further information.
Parents will be informed of any changes that may occur.